Guess, what we forgot?

4 days to Day 1 (1st attempt)

On July 2, 2018 we left Vancouver for our first attempt of Denali. Driving along highway, I remember, Vera looked at me and said: "Guess, what we forgot?!" From her look I felt that it was something big, but couldn't figure out. "The sled!" And then I remembered putting it next to the exit door in my apartment, and not taking it! Wow, that's a loss. We were already 500 km away from home. Then Vera quickly suggested: "We will rent it there!" - oh yes, I forgot that Denali air taxi companies all rent expedition sleds. That will do. However, I felt that mountain gods had different plans for us, and leaving the hard to miss big item such as a sled was a message for us in a string of following events, that prevented us (luckily) from entering the mountain. The summit of Denali in 2018 was simply not ready to accept us - counting our Shasta and Spindle accidents, the sled was only part of that vicious chain.

PHOTO: Enroute to Alaska. Without our expedition sled.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's do it!

Day 10 - 14K camp, very windy